Purpose of the Role
Volunteers are the face of the festival, our eyes and ears on the ground helping festival goers, stallholders, guests and other volunteers and helping deliver an accessible, safe and successful event.
Role description & Duties
Your pre-existing skills and experience helps us to allocate volunteer shifts for the event, the list below shows some of the tasks that we need volunteers for but there might be others too. If you think you have the skills or experience for a specific task then let us know and we will happily consider you for it.
- Event Stewarding, All Pride Volunteers will act as event stewards for the event helping our visitors and guests by providing information on the event or the location of the toilets, the stage, the bar etc. Helping our community expo stall holders setup and directing them to their stall.
- March Stewards– Helping to ensure parade is carried out safely.
- Site Build and De-rig Crew – Helping with getting the Pride site built up this can including helping with putting up fencing to attaching banners or signage around the site.
- Main Stage Support – Supporting the Entertainment & Stage manager in ensuring the main stage runs smoothly, you will be responsible for looking after our acts, setting up dressing rooms and handling artist accreditation.
- Fundraisers – Shake those charity buckets and help us raise money for the Pride Fund throughout the Pride event.
- Merchandise Crew – This year we will be having official Pride Merchandise to sell during the weekend.
Rotherham Pride will provide you with a clothing such as a Security Vest / Jacket that must be worn at all times. Please ensure you are wearing comfortable and appreciate clothing.
A casual rota system will be in operation, which allows volunteers to choose their own slots/dates.
We require 4 hours minimum during the Pride event. Please contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator to discuss this further.
Successful applicants will be invited to mandatory training sessions prior to the Pride event. This is provides an opportunity to meet the team, other volunteers and learn more about the role and duties.
Volunteers be provided free lunch.